Friday, December 3, 2010

BACK HOME AT LAST

2nd December 2010

A wonderful follower on my Blog reminded me of what Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz said, that there is no place like home and that is so very true.  My latest journey is like having being lost in another world where it was so dark and terrifying, I was so scared and confused and then finally I was seeing a light that kept getting brighter the closer I got to it and that light was the warmth and love of my family and home, I am now safe and happy. 

I am not going to say much about what has happened to me other than I would say the whole experience was more terrifying and upsetting than going through Chemotherapy.  I have put it in the past though and have grown from it.

It is so wonderful to be writing again, I missed it so much, it is an important part of my life and it gives me strength, I have decided though that I will update my Blog each week so it will not affect my health.  Raising awareness about Brain Tumours will always be a goal I have, having goals in your life helps you to achieve your dreams.

I have been back at school and I am now looking forward to the challenges and successes of the school year next year and hopefully I will be able to be there more than the past couple of years, although continuing doctors appointments will keep me away some times.

Now I am back home I have been able to use my rollator, it supports me when I walk and helps me to build up my muscles that have deteriorated so much from having to stay in bed continually for the weeks I was in hospital.  My right foot is still painful from the stress fractures as I begin to put weight on it again but my determination to be out of my wheelchair next year and more mobile helps me overcome it.

Christmas is getting so close, it is the most wonderful time of the year because it is about giving and loving, it is a family time and a time to reach out to others.  Putting our Christmas tree up and decorating it was such a special ocassion for me this year. 

Nalani has her knee surgery on 10th December, she is looking forward to having it done at last but is becoming a little nervous so I have been trying to help her not feel so afraid.  I think if you try to always be positive and relaxed through situations that are stressful or upsetting it can really make a difference.

We have been having dismal weather here in Canberra, the rain has been falling from the skies continuously for a week, the grass is so green and our dams are abundant but as it is now Summer it would be marvellous to have just a little sun shinning through those thick, heavy rain clouds and smiling on our days. 

Thank you to everyone who has continued to follow my journey, you are all very special and I am so inspired by all of you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dainere
We are so pleased to see you back blogging again and hearing that you are recovering well from your experince. So pleased that you can use your rollator again, it will be no time before you will need a horn to warn people you are on the way.

You never cease to amaze us with your resolve and determination and we know that is the one way to reach your goals.

You are much quicker than we are at putting your xmas tree up. We plan to do that today.

Can't wait to see you real soon.

Lots of love
Nan and Pop xxx ooo
PS What did you think of the picture of the xmas bears that we sent you?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news that you are safely home with your loving family - that of course includes Tinkerbelle! You are a resilient and beautiful girl, my family are inspired by you.
Love Candace

Ali Davies said...

You are back! Woohoo!! Happy dancing round the room. Have missed your posts. Your posts have become a part of my week. They keep me grounded, I learn from them and you inspire me. Great to see you back, my little Australian Rainbow

Best wishes to you from a very snowy and freeeezing Ireland.

Ali x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dainere
So glad that you are back at home with family and friends. Keep up the good work, keep smiling and enjoy the Xmas season. Hope to see you soon. Luv Sandra xoxoxo
P.S. Im glad you are back onto your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniere,
So glad to hear you are at home and surrounded by the love of all your family and friends. I hope Tinkerbelle wasn't too scared in the storm last night. My cat Ollie was pretty quick to jump in and snuggle up with all the thunder and lightning! - any excuse will do.
Keep strong and well - you are such an inspiration to so many people.
XO Catherine

Anonymous said...

Great to see u back blogging - have missed u!!! So pleased that u r home and ur horrendous time is over. Enjoy the Christmas it is definitely the most magical time of year. I draw strength from reading ur blog -- thankyou!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Dainere,

I was very touched to read your blog this week. You are just gorgeous, and so mature beyond your years. I believe you have many unique gifts, one of which is wisdom. Most adults travel their life path without wisdom and you Dainere are teaching them. How special!

Praying that you are resting, eating and gradually improving your mobility. The rain sure hasn't dampened your spirit. You continue to inpsire us all.

Love always, Fran xoxox

Anonymous said...

dainere i am so glad you are home! we are so sorry to hear about your horrible time in sydney, you are such a strong person, you continue to amaze me - take care and enjoy being home love kerri, chris, noah and violet xxx

Anonymous said...

So wonderful you are back blogging and as everyone has said you are an inspiration (as usual) for putting the past behind you and thinking how you can grow from your experience.

I bet you will give your sister strength for her operation. I am sure it will go well.

Xmas is such a special time and I hope you continue to be blessed.

Thanks for your continued inspiration, I think the rain has brought lots of rainbows for you

xxxxx Monica

Anonymous said...

Hi Dainere, Yes , East West homes Best my friend , and safe and sound , thats just magic. Its so lovely to hear you say about looking forwrd to school next year , ( this years nearly over now )

Lets make that your goal , Dainere to be out of that wheel chair , BUT , you must be a good girl and NOT over do it. ( everying comes to he who waits ), you will get there in the end , just take your time.

Good luck to Nalani for next Friday 10th , and YES always think positive , , always look on the bright side of life .

My friend you are the one who inspires us.

We all love you and glad that normality is re appearing .

Lots of love
stuart and meryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that you are home Dainere. I check your blog every day and your journey of strength and courage has helped me. So thank you for that. Look forward to weekly updates as we approcach Christmas. I mentioned earlier that I will be retiring at the end of the school year. After 35 years this is a good, but strange feeling. I'm sure I'll be fine.

My students continue to be inspired by your book and to pray for you each day.

Love,

Elizabeh Rayfield

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray our Beautiful Dainere is back in the world of blogging, we have missed your wisdom and strength of character, we can all learn for you, you are so inspiring do you realize what a gift that is? Now relax and enjoy your family and your comfortable bed and how's your fairy garden going? I bet with all the rain it's growing beautifully.
Keep smilling, Luv Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Dainere!
Just found your blog while searching medulloblastoma-survivors. I´m a mom to 9 years old boy who finished his treatment of high risk medulloblastoma just in May this year. His doing quite well now and has his kind of blog also. Beacuse we live in Finland it´s in Finnish.

Wish you have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for your future!!!!

Mom-77 from Finland