Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 COMES TO AN END

25th to 31st December 2010

I can't believe that another year is almost over, it has been a year filled with many highlights like going back to school, doing the Cross Country in my wheelchair and walking over the finish line, getting a hearing aid so I could hear more clearly, Rhiannon organising my rollator for me so I can be more mobile, getting to meet Benji Marshall at Canberra Stadium, win the toss for the West Tigers and then present the trophy to Benji because they were victorious, receiving a telephone call from the totally awesome Short Stack - Shaun, Bradie and Andy and their tour member Liam when they were in Canberra for a concert, meeting some of the most truly inspirational and incredible people: Paul, Tess, Gavin, Ben, Carlos, Sarah, Stuart, Ally, Carol, Cate, Denis, Susan, Tracey, Christine, Tass - my number one Salesman and many others who made such a difference to my life

The most extraordinary event was on the 21st of April when I was granted my Starlight Wish and  my book  'You Have To Go Through A Storm To Get To A Rainbow' was launched, that was such a magical day that I will never ever forget. The funds that my book has raised as well as other activities that I and others have done in the community will hopefully help make a difference to other children's lives who are facing or will face a journey like mine.  My life long dream is to continue making a difference in what ever way I possibly can through raising funds as well as awareness, it is so important and if one person starts then perhaps many more will join and one day a cure can be found for future generations.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas filled with lots of joy, my Christmas was phenomenal being around my family.  I received many wonderful gifts and enjoyed seeing the happiness and love that giving and receiving bought on the day.  All the food I cooked tasted simply delicious, it was sad when we began pulling apart the meringue tower because it looked so beautiful.

Having my Nana and Pop here has been magnificent, because of Nalani's knee which is still recovering we are unable to go out much or do any sporty activities we have played some PlayStation games, in one Buzz game it was extremely close between Pop, Nalani and I, it was the last question and Pop got it right and won. 

I will be having my MRI here in Canberra sometime in January, then I have to go to Sydney on the 1st of February I am hoping that I will have positive results.  I have physiotherapy next Friday which I am looking forward to showing Rhiannon what I can do now.

As one year draws to an end and another is about to begin lets all remember not to concentrate on the negatives we encounter in our lives but to delight in any positives, big  or small and our year will be more memorable.

Happy New Year everyone, thank you for following my Journey through the good times as well as the difficult times.

7 comments:

EDS Warrior said...

Happy New Year, beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Thankyou for the journal Dainere. As you're aware, I follow it all the time so as long as you enjoy writing, I enjoy reading.

Glad you are having a fun time with your family and Nan and Pop. We are headed to my sister's place for a NYE party, the cousins all love playing together and we'll take our dog so he doesn't get spooked by parties happening near our place!

Wishing you are good holiday, a Happy New Year and most of all, better health.
Take care, Love Fran xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Dainere, yep well here we are at the end of chapter 2010, it has as you say been an exceptionally busy year for you . So we wish you a slower ride this coming year . Have a wonderfull New year celebration Dainere give our love to your wonderful mum, dad, Nalani and Jarrett .
Oh how true your last paragraph is my freind , Hopefuly looking forward to hopefully catching up in February . Have a great day on 1/1/11.much love and hugs stuart and meryl xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Dainere and to all of your family. How special it is to have your Nan and Pop with you. I am off to South West Rocks today for a week's holiday with friends. Hoping there are many rainbows for you in 2011.

Love,

Elizabeth Rayfield

Anonymous said...

Hey Dainere,

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas I hope you had a brillent one. And as you said Christmas always brings food, happiness and presents in its tow :). Sorry that I haven't writen for so long............... I hope you have an amazing holiday and good health.

Love,

Lucy

Ali Davies said...

Hi Dainere

Lovely to read that you had such a lovely Christmas.

We had a lovely one here in Ireland too. It was extra special as my cousin from New Zealand came over for to stay for a few days. It was her first time in Ireland so an extra special time for us all.

I hope 2011 will be a great year for you and your family.

Sending you lots of good wishes for the coming year.

Ali x

Unknown said...

Inspirational words filled with love, compassion, encouragement and hope ~ Lots of love Dainere ~ Amanda xxx