Friday, October 26, 2012

MORNING TEA AT THE HYATT AND EVER SO BUSY AT SCHOOL

20th to 26th October 2012

I was fortunate enough to be invited to a special Birthday Party for Annie's 11th Birthday.  I was able to dress up in a pretty dress because the party was at the Hyatt Hotel in Canberra.  The Hyatt Hotel is heritage listed, it has been restored to its former 1920's grace.  It has art deco design elements intertwined with modern facilities.  The party was held in The Tea Lounge, there was an incredibly scrumptious buffet to select from and they make the most splendiferous hot chocolate that I have ever tasted. 

At school this week we have continued learning about Consumer Maths, in Sports Science we are working on revision ready for our exams, as well as a coaching lesson plan for the Junior School children.  In English we have begun speeches for A Bridge to Wiseman's Cove, I truly admire my classmates who have already done theirs and I am looking forward to doing mine next week.   

School is tiring for me, but it is important for me to go, it sometimes helps take my mind off  my pain and nausea that I live with each day.  You can take many medications but distraction is often also helpful. 

I had my usual physiotherapy appointment this week, Kaitlyn worked on my right foot which has been extremely sore and difficult to put weight on at all.  She massaged it and then used the ultrasound on it.  She also worked on my legs, my right knee has been giving me lots of grief, then after that was finished I had three heat packs on, one on my lower back, one on my legs and one on my upper back.  I actually dozed off while they were on me, they really do provide me with relief and I am so grateful to Kaitlyn for the wonderful amount of help she provides me. 

Tomorrow I have Interclub, I am hoping to throw the javelin and shot put, hopefully the weather will be fine.  We have experienced a few days with extremely gusty winds, yesterday there was a thick cloud of dust around Canberra produced by the winds. 

I am still working on a new fund raising idea, as you know it is my dream that one day in the future a cure will be found for this absolutely horrific disease.  I will also have to come up with some ideas for next year, after having my second book published this year, with all funds going to The Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation Brain Tumour Fund, I will have to think of something unique and huge because funds are so desperately required.

Each and every day I feel so grateful to have people in my life who care about me those like Fiona, Anne and David who paid short, caring visits this week and you, who read my Blog, leaving the most humbling, encouraging and inspiring comments, I would not be able to be so strong and positive each day without you all.  Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dainere,

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your life.

What a great party and venue!

All the best for your speech. Always my major fear in school!

Keeping busy does take your mind off less pleasant things.

I'm glad you get so much relief from the heat packs.

I hope you have a good day at Interclub. The weather has been so changeable.

You will have a lot of support for any fund raising.

Bye for now,

Michael

Anonymous said...

Dear Dear Dainere,oh wow , how special to go to Annie's 11th Birthday party. We bet you looked magical in your lovely pink dress. And how nice to be at The Hyatt.

Good Luck in your exams. Oh you will do just great at your speech , good luck with it .

Oh yes you are so right Dainere , school will help you take your mnind off the pain , thats exactly what i did when i was like you , , i went to work just to take my mind off the unbelievable headaches , Thank goodness the director of nursing kept giving me pain relief tablets .

Oh isnt Kaitlyn a Gem.

Hope you enjoyed interclub this weekend .

OH we are sure you will come up with some great ideas , you have so far , everytone will be so proud of you at The fund raising at the hospital.

Remeber you are part of all our lives now Dainere , All your blog readers love you very much .

WE hope yopu have a good week at school and take it all one minute at a time .

God Bless you .

love
stuart and meryl


xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello dearest Dainere,

We all continue to be inspired by your brilliant example of coping with hardship. Draw strength from all of us who care so much for you.

Love always,

Anna xoxoxoxoxox